Friday, March 10, 2017

Hey folks.

This last week we had the reverse effect of all the hot weather. SO much rain and some amazing thunderstorms. Wish I had a better camera here to have been able to take some pictures of some of the coolest clouds and sunsets I've ever seen. That's one good thing about Argentina. The skies are huuuge (kind of like VA/East Coast). 

So this week and a half has consisted of zone conferences and teaching lessons whenever we can squeeze them into the schedule. Updates:

- David is progressing nicely and will be baptized on March 18th.

- Noelia also came to the family night at Lucre's house with her baby Crystal and really enjoyed it. She's progressing as well and seems to be really in tune with the spirit. Her, her mom Paulina, and her brother Alejandro are very genuine people, I like them. We are thinking about challenging her to be baptized in April.

- This transfer for zone conferences my companion and I are teaching out of Chapter 8 in PMG, focusing on the importance of key indicators and how to do an efficient comp inventory.... if anyone cares, haha :)

Well that's the sum up of my week. Whoever still reads these emails... wow... you've come to understand a little bit about "enduring to the end."

This last stretch of the mish is really bittersweet. President was sharing in the zone conference yesterday that there is no place he'd rather be in the world than here and with us. Even over his family, with all the love that he has for them. I feel the same way. As much as I love home, family, friends... I don't have any desire to not be where I am right now. South America has its moments, but I really love it here, I love being a missionary, and the fact that my days as a representative of Christ are running out makes me super sad. I love Him, His gospel, and the blessing I have to share it with others.

Buena semana.
Elder Jolley

FHE at Lucrecias house with the Laspina's and our investigator David Palacios with his family. A night with only converts and investigators, but our converts are now helping us teach our new investigators! I love the mission work cycle. They all strengthen my testimony so much! Our investigator David gets baptized on the 18th. He's really smart and excited to join his family and start his countdown to be able to go and get sealed to them in the temple.



Trip to Pedro Luro and Villalonga to do a baptismal interview for two more members of the giant family there in Villalonga. Antonio and Crystel.  We had to go chase down Antonio in an onion field like a half hour away, but we found him! They got baptized this last Sunday. SO fun to see them and to see the fruits in that family and the progress they've made. Also to spend a little time with my converts Luisa and Ronald with there new baby Ronald II. Love them lots.



No comments:

Post a Comment