Monday, October 5, 2015

Hey Family!

This one will be short because I´m super low on time, sorry. 

This week we finished up the transfer in Monolito and I was able to go to Batan as well for about half the week! Last night I left Monolito because I am being transfered to Pedro Luro, Bahia Blanca. I got called to be the district leader here and will be serving with my Peruvian companion Elder Sotelo.

My new companion, Elder Sotelo! From Peru.

I'm super excited for this next transfer and for the opportunity to have a calling and the opportunity to serve my district. I know it will be hard, but I know that it will press me to work harder and grow as a missionary. I´m super grateful and humbled that the Lord trusts me to do so.

Went to do exchanges in Batan again this week and worked with Elder Franco for a few days. Look how beautiful! This is the view from the window of the house. We had dinner 2 of the nights I was there. Fried chicken with the Soliz family and ASADO with the Sobino family. Such a fun time.

 Dinner with the Soliz family. Elder Arnes also goes home today. Gonna miss him!

This last week we celebrated the birthday of Elder Pilacios, as well as the last week of Elder Taysom and Elder Arnes by cooking a huge asado :) We also made some choripan. Sooo good :)

I hope you all loved the spiritual feast we enjoyed this last weekend with conference. I was sohumbled and received such a boost from all the talks and messages. I´m grateful for prophets and apostles and the perfect organization of this true church.

I love you all. Congrats to Brayden and Megan this week as they are sealed in the temple! There is nothing better you could be doing and I love you both! Enjoy the process :)

Elder Jolley

The family that lives below in Batan has 3 parrots. They´re hilarious and say a bunch of Argentine slang. My favorite is when they yell "La Peeeeeepa!!" (a pepa is an argentine cookie with this jam stuff in the middle). Here I was eating a peice of bread and the parrot leaned over and stole a peice.

 Then I ran out of bread and it started eating my ear. And no..it doesn´t feel good.

No comments:

Post a Comment