Saturday, June 20, 2015

Greetings from Provo.

The time here seriously goes by soo fast. It's freaking me out that it's already P-day again. I'll stop saying that every week after this I promise...but wow. Also thanks so much for the package. I'm obsessed with the pictures, and I loove my new glasses. They're super nice.

I'll try to remember as much as I can. So last Saturday after writing emails we did our temple trip and I saw Brayden and Megan! You guys already know that, but that was super fun. I didn't see it coming and it totally caught me off guard. That was a nice surprise. Then Megan hugged me and I've been repenting all week...geez ;) 

Sunday we had some changes in leadership because the older district all left on Monday. I got called to be the new District Leader! I'm super excited about it, I know it's going to help me become a better missionary. I love my district and learn a ton from everybody.

Tuesday we had a devotional and our whole district sang in the choir. The choir was huge cause of all the new missionaries coming in. We sang "Jesus, Once of Humble Birth" and it was super powerful. I loved it. We heard from David F. Evans of the Seventy during the Tuesday devotional.

Wednesday we got to do traffic hosting for the new missionaries. I got to be the dude that directs cars right or left when they come through the gate. I had a walkie talkie and the whole shabang. Elder Mikesell kept sayin funny stuff to me through the walkie talkie so I was laughing the whole time and probably looked like the biggest goober directing traffic with a huge grin on my face. I was tryin to look happy though in hopes to calm down the sobbing mothers driving in... haha. 

That's pretty much all the highlights. Lessons are going well and I can pretty much say anything I want in Spanish now which is nice. It's definitely not super smooth yet, but it's coming along.
We are currently teaching four investigators, so lessons for dayssss. We finished up teaching Leonardo and the next day he walked in with a shirt, tie, and teacher tag on. Whaaaa? Ya that threw me for a loop. So he's actually a member and our new language teacher. I was a little bitter for like an hour that he wasn't real...I prayed my soul out for that guy ;)

I'm loving it here and having a great time. I'm trying to strengthen my testimony and gain a better personal relationship with Christ while I'm here.

Love you all!
-Elder Jolley

P.S. Dear family and beloved friends that may check my blog. Please send me pictures or Dear Elders or something. Doesn't have to be special, but it would be awesome to hear from everyone :)

Elder Petersen, Elder Jolley with Sister Wilson and Sister Bishoff (Skyler's friends from high school) on Monday before Sister Wilson flew out to serving in Canada.

Study time with Elder TaufaTofua

No comments:

Post a Comment