Thursday, April 7, 2016

So this will have to be a shorty cause zone bowling took a bit more time than we thought, but it was worth it! ha

Starting with conference. I think there were only about two talks in the entire conference that were a little bit not up my alley just cause of where I'm at and that I don't have kids, but besides that I LOVED all of them. A few favorites: Elder Eyring brought the spirit so well with his opening talk, such a good way to start off the conference. I loved Elder Stevenson's talk about losing keys (definitely had "losing keys" by Jack Johnson pop into my head during that talk), and Elder Holland (surprise surprise) really put the cherry on top at the end talking about how we can continue in that high level of spirit and not getting frustrated when things don't go as planned/desired. I definitely needed that.

This morning we had interviews with President and it went soo well. We had a great group chat with him and Hermana, and the zone at the beginning. It's been more than 6 months since my last interview so I was a bit lost on what to say or ask President in my interview. So I decided just to kind of wing it because I feel pretty good about where I am at. I know I have a lot to improve of course, but I know what that list of things are and I didn't feel the need to say anything to President. Anyway my interview went awesome. He basically just asked me how I am doing, then after that it basically turned into a one on one counsel between both of us as to how we can help the mission and missionaries to progress right now. I really appreciated that because I really felt like my opinion mattered to him. We discussed that and different doctrine for a while and in the end he just told me that he was happy with the work I am doing and to keep progressing. I loved it. I have a lot of respect for the guy.

Keep trying, keep getting back up, and keep progressing. I love you all :)

Serving the Argentines, the missionaries, and the good food :)

- Elder Jolley


Had interviews this morning with President. He and Hermana Cifuentes came and chatted with us. For breakfast we brought fruit, milk, annnnnd made DONUTS :) Elder Jackson, Elder Tew, Elder Bennet, and I stayed up a little past 10:30 and got up at about 5:30 to get them made. We made probably about 70 donuts haha. Chocolate, Maple, and regular glaze. President said after the meeting "Elder Jolley... I think next transfer you will be in the office cooking for us." 

 Zone p-day bowling! Never thought I would miss bowling, but we really had a great time!

 Bowling jokes and stuff.

 We had a creativity round and Hermana Cardenas couldn't think of anything so she just sat down for like 5 minutes saying "no sé!" haha

 We may be a small zone, but we make a perfect bowling set.

Argentine bowling :) This old man who is probably professional was there bowling and we invited him over to take a picture with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment