Monday, November 21, 2016

Feliz Dìa de Gracias!

What a great week we had here in Tandil. Elder Christensen and I were able surpass not only our contact goal, but our lesson goals as well as a result of all the contacts we made. It's been keeping us busy for sure, which is exhausting but so rewarding at the same time. We were able to see the blessing of our hard work this last week as one of our favorite contacts Patricia from a few weeks ago, who is now a progressing investigator, accepted a baptismal date for the 3rd of December and attended church for the second time. She is progressing so well and witnessing that progress has been such a blessing for us. Not only in her, but in her family as well! One by one her family of 8 are beginning to listen to the lessons and some have attended church. This evening we have a family home evening planned with them, which has us very excited! On another note, after baptizing a couple weeks ago, my bless-ed comp offered to sit out on this one and let me be the one in white for Patricia's baptism. I'm quite giddy to say the least haha :) it'll be the first time being in the water since my first transfer. woo hoo!

This week we will have zone conference on Friday right after Thanksgiving. The zone leaders asked me to run the lunch plans and we're planning on making pulled pork salads. Also this weekend is Stake Conference in OLAVARRIA! I get to go back and visit my old area, see my convert Nadia and all the other members. Maybe I'll try to sneak away with my comp and introduce him to some of my old investigators like Damian and Micaela and Haide or something. Maybe the hippies as well ;) 

With Thanksgiving this week, I'm especially grateful to be able to represent the Lord Jesus Christ and to witness the light of His atonement illuminate the lives of those we work with. There's nothing quite like it. I love being a missionary!

I love and am grateful for all of you!

Elder Jolley

 Argentine Wall Art


No comments:

Post a Comment