Saturday, June 25, 2016

Hi family!

Well. The fast life just got a bit faster.

This week has literally felt like a month. I have been so busy, tired, and most of all, happy! So many things have changed and happened, and unfortunately I have no time to talk about it.

After about 8 months, I left Olavarría last Sunday. Leaving my precious ward, investigators, and zone. Hard to leave, but it was time for a change.

 Saying goodbye to my ward, investigators, and zone in my beloved Olavarría. This is with my Bishop (Bishop Jose Luis Medina) in Olavarría.

I am now in Bahía Blanca serving as the assistant to the President. A true call to obedience for me, but such a blessing and opportunity for growth as well. 

Spent the first night in Bahía at the "Last Supper" with the dying missionaries.

My companion is Elder Jonathan Zenkichi La'akea Paleka from Kauai, Hawaii. I don't even have to describe him anymore for you guys to understand how much I love my new comp.. haha! I'm very blessed to have such a great companion who works hard, is a spiritual giant (not too much on the physical side.. he's kinda short haha), and that I love to be around. We've actually been super good friends my whole mish so it's just been awesome. I have learned so much already from him in just the few days we have been together and I'm very excited for the transfer ahead. This is his last transfer as well (nooo!) so we're going to soak it up, work hard, and have a great time.


Elder Paleka and I when we met in Mar del Plata the first week of my mission.

That's about all I have time for, sorry. This next transfer is zone conferences so I will be traveling around the whole mission. This Sunday we leave for Necochea. You know what that means... ROAD TRIP! I still haven't driven the truck yet, but President is going to press the magic "permission" button on my account in the next couple days. Ahh. It's been a year without driving and I believe it's been too long :)  I've been having dreams about driving the mission truck every now and then this past transfer... odds are I've been "sleep-shifting" in my sleep as well. haha I'm so excited.

Love you all so much! I'm happy and off to work!!

Elder Jolley


 (left to right) My new comp Elder Paleka, Elder Bosco the AP I replaced (from Provo.. Robby Bosco's son), and me :) One of the best and worst jobs of an AP.... sending off the missionaries going home. Great, but sad. It's always nice though cause the next day you get to pick up the new missionaries. 

 Morning studies in McDonalds with Elder Paleka. Yumm!

 At the wedding of our investigators Isidro and Gladys who are getting baptized tomorrow :)

 Making lunch with Elder Guerrero and Elder Alvarez for Pday in the mission home after a good game of soccer with the office this morning. (started from the bottom now we here).

 Eating with President and Hermana Cifuentes, Elder Paleka, and the rest of the office (that's Elder Tucker there in the middle and Elder Frischknecht on the right).

Selfie out of the window of our Ford Ranger (named Patricia) with Me, Elder Guerrero, Elder Frischknecht, and Elder Diaz.

No comments:

Post a Comment