Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Another transfer come and gone. The downside of the hill goes a lot faster than you want it to at times. Said goodbye to Elder Frischknecht today and a few other good friends... that's always a bummer.

It's been SUPER hot and SO humid this last week. Probably the most it has been in my mission. Thick enough to chew. So anyway, this transfer I'm staying with Elder Valle as my companion again (Elder Goeckeritz is heading out to Necochea to start his real training... bye Goeckies).

 Elder Goeck's first alfajor

Elder Goeckritz's first asado with the Tidei family next door.

Carlos got baptized! It was quite the health rollercoaster for the past few weeks, but he was able to hold out well for a few days to make it happen. It was a nice baptism and he was really happy. His wife came as well as one of his daughters (soon to be investigators :) ... his wife already is talking with us). 

Carlos got baptized! Accompanied by his wife Irma (goes by Piru)

Tomorrow after welcoming the new missionaries we are starting up the zone conferences again. I sure hope we can grab some time this week to visit investigators cause we have so many great people right now. We might do an FHE with Lucrecia, the Laspina fam, and some other investigators on Saturday. Super excited.

Love you all! Off to work.

Elder Jolley

I conducted a leadership training meeting a week or two ago and we did the plan of salvation chalk/contacting activity in the plaza that morning before the training. Notice my son on my left is now a zone leader! I might have already mentioned that, but I'm just proud. Great group.
left to righ: (E Rickeberg, E Mardones, E Guerrero, E Farley, E Diaz, E Christensen, Me, E Bennett, Hna Ahlmer, Hna Davidson, Hna Estrada, Hna Navarro, Hna Menacho, Hna Mask).

This was from the last supper of Sister Bevans. Sister Cifuentes was out of town and President had a meeting so he asked me to cook. Got to cook in the nice mission home kitchen by myself (and my comp of course). I will say I enjoyed that. Made fajitas.

No comments:

Post a Comment