Monday, February 6, 2017

Hello Jolley's (and / or others)

So this week we were going to head to Santa Rosa and Trenque Lauquen, but I few things have come up here in Bahia and President asked my companion and I to stay behind to run the show a bit. One including a new missionary that will be arriving (mid transfer..super weird but oh well) tomorrow. He is the only one coming and his name is Elder Goeckritz (I know I went to school with some Goeckritz... so maybe they'll be connected somehow). Anyway, so nothing is concrete but I THINK my companion and I will be in charge of him for a few weeks before transfers. I'm gonna be a dad again! Ahh. Training is the best.. it'll be a lot different in a trio for sure, but either way I'm excited for him to come.

Speaking of children. Last week we had a leadership meeting and I was able to see Elder Christensen because he became a District Leader this transfer! That's my boy :) I had a few errands to run in the morning before the conference and he tagged along with me. It was super fun to walk around and chat with him for a bit. He continues in Mar Del Plata and is doing really well. Pictures to come..

Remember Carlos our investigator? So he was going to come to the conference with Elder Stevenson, but got sick, then all last week wasn't doing so good so he couldn't come to church yesterday either. Poor guy has cancer and they are doing a lot of chemo therapy on him which just puts him out of play. Anyway, so on the bright side I guess he always talks to Hermano Martinez (his member friend) about wanting to be baptized, he reads the Book of Mormon and shares the story of Joseph Smith and the Restoration to everyone and their dog (guess he doesn't see THAT many people.. but he does what he can). It's been really impressive to work with him, and after chatting with him and our mission leader, we will be holding a baptismal service for him this Friday at 7. We're stoked.

Lucrecia went to the temple for the first time this last weekend and was baptized and did the work for her mom who passed away a few years ago, and for both her grandparents as well. We haven't seen her since cause she attended the baby blessing of her friend in another ward yesterday, but all the members said she loved it and had a great experience. 

I don't think I mentioned this, but I saw Luisa and Ronald and the rest of their family (besides Amalia) last week at the Stake Conference! Luisa and Ronald are officially sealed in the temple like I mentioned, and they also have a baby! His name is Ronald just like his dad and is kind of a tank, but super cute! Such a blessing to see them briefly. Pictures to come..

That's all I can think of for right now. Enjoy the snow! Love you guys

Elder Jolley

No comments:

Post a Comment